virustotalchecker is a .Net port of Didier Stevens virustotal-search tool. I originally wanted the ability to provide a large list of hashes and get the results, along with caching to speed the process up as VT has a 4 requests per minute limit. I hadn’t realised that Didier’s tool did cache, by that time I had already written this.
The tool requires an API key from Virus Total. Once you have a valid key then add it to the Settings.xml e.g.
- SQL CE database for caching of results
- CSV output
Third Party Libraries
- CommandLine: Used for command line parsing
- JSON.Net: JSON library for importing a virustotal-search pickle file
- MS SQL CE : Access to MS SQL CE session database
- NPoco : Easy access to SQL CE data
- Utility (woanware) : My helper library
- VirusTotal.NET : Fork from https://github.com/Genbox/VirusTotal.NET, with new API’s, caching etc